Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

{Chicken Nuggets}

Chicken nuggets are a childhood staple. I remember having my DinoBuddies lathered in ketchup, enjoying them with our neighborhood friends during our picnic lunches before we'd resume playing outside for hours.  There is something nostalgic and fun about chicken nuggets. I don't know how to explain it, but I think everyone can agree chicken nuggets are special. 

Ever since I've been on this health journey, I've had to let go of many old favorites. But I've continually craved chicken nuggets. So finally today I set out to make them. 



And my, were they a success! These are so much better than processed chicken nuggets- why did I never have these as a child?!? Crispy, brown, and perfect, these definetly satisfied my craving!






I guarentee every child- and adult- will fall in love with these chicken nuggets. If you're looking for trip down memory lane with your taste buds, I encourage you to make these. You won't regret it :)
 

{Chicken Nuggets}


2 4ounce chicken breasts
3 teaspoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
 coconut oil

Instructions:

Pound the chicken to desired thickness. Then cut into bite-sized chunks. Heat some coconut oil in a skillet for frying. 

Meanwhile, mix the coconut flour and spices together in a small bowl. When it is thoroughly mixed, spread the mixture thinly and evenly on a paper plate.

Take the pieces of chicken and dip both sides in the coconut flour mixture. Place the chicken pieces in the skillet and cook until browned on one side. Then flip the chicken and cook thoroughly. Repeat, adding oil as necessary, until all the chicken is cooked. 

Serve with ketchup, mustard, or however you desire. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment