My first attempt at a yummy summer meal for the family was a complete success! It hit the spot!Creamy, flavorful, and healthy, this chicken salad was the perfect kickoff to my summer meal. This is so easy to make, and so worth the little time that it takes! My dad, who I consider the ultimate food taste-tester, couldn't get enough of the salad!
I served this delicious dish with watermelon, but I'd also suggest a side potato salad or fruit salad, yet it's satisfying enough by itself! This is also the perfect dish to bring to a summer party or picnic.
Chicken Salad with Avocado-Herb DressingMakes approximately 4 servings
4 oz of chicken breast, baked and shredded
1 up broccoli/carrot slaw( I get mine from Trader Joe's)
1 head of red leaf lettuce, chopped and washed
1/2 ripe avocado
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup parsley
1/3 cup fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Bake chicken 450 for 40 minutes.
2. While the chicken is baking, combine dressing ingredients in food processor and pulse together. If the dressing is too thick (consistency like guacamole), add more oil, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
3. Chop and wash lettuce. Set aside in serving dish
4. Once chicken is finished, take it out of the oven and shred it.
5. Toss the shredded chicken with avocado dressing.
6. Serve, or store in an airtight container for later!
The chicken-avocado mix
The Chicken Salad with Watermelon