Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rooted Through the Journey

Life is a journey, with many winding roads, bumpy hills, and unforeseen turns. Sometimes the journey seems overwhelming, threatening the stamina of this weary heart. All too often, the distractions of this world slowly entice my feet to leave the sacred ground,  until I realize too late I sacrificed a safe garden path for a dark brambly rut. Yet through it all, one thing remains constant, and, to quote one of my favorite songs, one thing remains. God's love never fails, He is the Anchor of souls, a Mighty Fortress, the Redeemer. Even when I daily reject Him for the unfulfilled promises of this world, He welcomes me with open arms and unending grace. I know that the journey He has planned for me is an adventure beyond imagination. I know that because He is faithful, He will never leave me. I know that even in my weakness, His power is made perfect. Therefore, through every storm, desert, and sunny day, I will remain rooted in my Savior, sprouting as He changes my heart.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment